IMG +63 (032) 888-2328 IMG cebugov.pio@gmail.com
IMG-LOGO
CAPITOL TO REWARD BEST SUROY-SUROY HOST
By: Sugbo News | Published Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Officials of Consolacion town led by Mayor Joyjoy Alegado discussed with Governor Gwendolyn Garcia their preparations for Suroy-Suroy Sugbo. The Northern Escapade will start in Consolacion on the first day and will have its finale in Liloan town on the third day. (Tonee Despojo)

May the best LGU wins.

The Cebu Provincial Government will be giving an additional incentive to the town or city that will earn the most points from the participating guests of the upcoming Suroy-Suroy Sugbo Northern Escapade.

Governor Gwendolyn Garcia said the guest will be asked to rate each town according to their experiences by filling up a customer feedback form. Fiften towns (15) will be participating this year's first package of Suroy-Suroy Sugbo which will happen on January 22, 23 and 24 right after the Sinulog festivities.

Each town will be rated according to how good their customer service is based on the entertainment they prepared, venue, food, and the cleanliness of the comfort rooms in the venue.

Although, Governor Garcia did not reveal how much the additional incentive will be, but she said it will be in a form of infrastructure projects so that it will have a lasting effect to the constituents.

"It will go to the best municiplaity or city that shall be hosting our Suroy Suroy guests. We will be giving appreciation for the best LGU," Garcia told reporters in a press conference Tuesday, January 14.

Each of the 15 pariticipating towns will receive a P300,000 financial assistance from the Cebu Provincial Government which they can spend for their preparations for the Suroy-Suroy.

As of January 15, 2019, there are already more than 300 guests who will be joining the and have already paid for the Northern Escapade tour package that can already fill five buses.

Provincial Tourism Officer Marti Ybañez said this twice the number compared to the Southern Heritage Trail package last year .

Garcia added that the number of participants who are interested to join the Northern Escapade could have filled-up 10 buses but there is not enough accomodation to house them.

TOWNS HIT BY TYPHOON

The towns of Daanbantayan and Medellin have made little changes to their preparations and route after being hit by typhoon Ursula last Christmas eve.

Governor Garcia said that even if these towns were the ones most ffected by the typhoon compared to other towns in the North, it will still receive the same amount of financial aid for the event.

"They have actually already recovered. They have not really been badly struck, I went to the islands, I saw it with my own eyes. I know that there are houses that have been destroyed, but this is not typhoon Yolanda," she said.

Yesterday, the tourism officers and some mayors of each participating town or city held a meeting to finalize their routes and preparations for the three-day tour.

Despite being hit by the recent typhoon Ursula, Medellin is still in the Suroy-Suroy trail next week. Medellin Mayor Benjun Mondigo, municipal administrator Giles Villamor and their tourism consultant Bambi Pacquiao discuss with provincial tourism officer Marti Ybañez their preparations. (Junjie Mendoza)

The Northern Escapade will start from Consolacion town this January 22, Wednesday and will head off to Compostela, Carmen, Sogod, Daanbantayan and end in Medellin for the first day.

The second day will kick off in San Remigio going to Bantayan Island to explore the towns of Santa Fe, Bantayan and Madridejos and stay there for the night.

On the third day, tour will go back to mainland via Hagnaya Port in San Remigio on its way to Bogo City, Tabogon, Borbon and Catmon and make its finale in Liloan town. (KIN/Sugbo News)